Friday, August 23, 2013

So today our Crafty efforts have brought us to pick Blackberries. After heading off totally unprepared (as always) in my flipflops, which shall I say haven't left my feet all summer, we headed off on our Day 2 of collecting berries. Day 1 was fairly successful except that we didn't reach our 1 Kilo which I would like to make my jam. The 1 kilo makes about 4 pots and every year I end up giving it as Christmas Presents and I never end up with any myself. So this year since there seems to be an abundance of berries I have promised myself that Chaise Tubber will hide some for our brown bread. 

 Since Today is Day 2 of foraging for our little friends we said we knew where to find them so off we headed for the Bumpy Road. Yes all from Tubber will know where that is. My little helpers told me they knew where to go to find Blackberry heaven and so that's where we went.
I was told I was in charge of the right side and they were in charge of the left. I think it was a ploy to keep me away from them as there was more going into their belly then into the bowl.
So much for 1 Kilo eh!
Many jumping walls later and a few unwelcome thorns in our fingers we had a full bowl.
We had great fun and we would have kept going had the heavens not decided to open up and send us on our Merry Way. But did we find some beautiful ones or what...
We also found some other beautiful flowers. Shall I stress here and now that we didn't pick them. We just enjoyed them. One of which I have no idea what it is. It kinda looks like a cousin of the Red Pepper.. Would love to know what it is.
We found many of these on our walk and not sure what they are. Maybe someone could tell me?So anyway it's off to the Kitchen to see if we have reached our 1 Kilo quota. I have applied a Yale lock to the fridge to stop the little fingers.....Will pop back later with an update..Love and Laughs.





3 comments:

  1. great photos! hope the berries make it to the jam pot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far only a small few made it to the pots. But plan to forage for some more berries this week.

      Delete