Monday, February 10, 2014

"You're the Apple of My Eye", Valentines Cards.

 These Apple Cards are so sweet to make and all ages enjoy making them. The materials you need to make them you probably have at home. Here I used White Card, Apples, Paint Brush, Black Pen, Red paint (I used Acrylic but Poster paint will do fine). You will then need a blank card to finish it off.

 You need an apple that has a nice heart shape to it. So cut maybe two and see how you go. Try and cut them as straight as you can as you will need them to be straight to stamp them out.
You will get completely different effects from different apples so have some fun with it. I painted the apple with the red paint and then stamped the apple onto the white card. Don't use paper its not hard enough to use on the front of a card.

As you can see I stamped out many of them and this was my favourite. It has a lovely heart shape and you would still know it's an apple.
Then I added some text with my black pen. You can write what ever you want. I wrote "You're the apple of my eye".
Then I picked a backing paper to put behind it on the card but if you don't have this don't worry.

Finally I then stuck it to the blank white card with double sided tape. I just love this effect.
So why not make a few. They could be Wedding cards, Invites, Birthday, Valentines cards and much more. And why not try a few other fruits and veg.....

Let us know how you get on.

Love and Laughs.

Shirley








No comments:

Post a Comment