Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Getting Hooked on Hooked Zpagetti.

 As you may have guessed by now. I love to crochet. Anything at all really. Crochet is one of my favourite crafts and I really love to teach it. The idea of the craft going down another generation really makes me smile. Years from now someone might ask the ladies, "where did you learn to crochet"? and they will say something like, " Well I remember the lady but can't remember her name but it was out in the Burren somewhere".
It might go something like that. I just love that.
Recently I came across this T- shirt yarn and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I couldn't find it anywhere in Ireland so if you know where I can get it great.
I had to get it from purple linda crafts in the uk. 
Check out their website and have a look but the delivery cost was alot to Ireland so I would love to buy it local if I could.

This rug was a pattern that I got from http://creativejewishmom.typepad.com/blog/
She has also some great tips. If I was to do one the next time I would use a smaller hook as she suggests.
I used a 12mm hook like they suggest with the T- Shirt yarn.
Next time I think I would use an 8 or a 10.

 The rug I will use in my guest room and its super soft. I can't wait to use it for a scarf or something like that.
I trimmed it with the pink design and I just love it.
I know any crocheter will just love making these.

Look forward to seeing some created at the crochet group.

Now running every Wednesday and Thursday night at 8.30.

If you have any patterns for the Hooked Zpagetti let us know.

Love and Laughs.

Shirley




No comments:

Post a Comment