Friday, September 6, 2013

12 Days of Christmas - Day 2 - Christmas Cards.

I just LOVE to make cards. Actually I LOVE all paper crafting. I have so many papers. Some girls like shoes. I like papers. Well actually I like shoes too....

In my last post we did a simple wrapping paper and here we are going to do a Card.
Firstly you will need to print out the letters you want to print. They will need to be big enough for the size of your card. Keep enlarging them until they are the correct size.


Here I did NOEL but you could do XMAS, MERRY or any other small word about Christmas. SNOW is another good one.

Once I had them printed out I then traced them onto Card and these will then be your templates and you can use them over and over again.
Once you have your Card Templates you then pick the card or the paper that you are going to use for the letters. Here I have used 4 different papers but you could use just 2 different types. I wouldn't suggest them being all the same as they won't stand out enough.

Turn your paper upside down and also turn your letter backwards. Trace out the letters using a pencil.
Then cut them all out using a scalpel. You can use a small sharp scissors but it's harder to get a straight line.
Here are all the letters cut out.
You could always use the negatives of the leftover paper for another card.
Now try to pick out your backing paper. Here I have chosen a contrast in brown. Then I have placed a gold mirror board behind it to layer it up.
Attach the brown paper to the mirror board with double sided tape.
You will have a small gold border shown.
Then put some Foam Pads on each letter and place them on the Brown paper.
Then I attached some images - you could get these off old cards from last year.

I then wrapped a ribbon around it and finally attached the entire piece to a white card and that's it.

Next Post is - 12 days of Christmas - Day 3 - Xmas Decorations.













No comments:

Post a Comment