Monday, September 2, 2013

12 days of Christmas. Day one - Wrapping Paper.

So here I am starting off Christmas in September - I know some of you just want to kill me but eh - if you want to craft items for Christmas - you will need lots of time.

In my 12 days of Christmas I have put together 12 crafted items that you can make for presents, for your Home, Cards etc. Many of them you can do with the Kids and none better then this one - The first day of Christmas - Wrapping Paper.

I have two Children and they just love to do it. It's so easy and just great fun. Even if you have very young children they too can get stuck in.

Firstly you will need a roll of blank paper. I used brown paper here but white would be just as nice. These you can pick up in a wholesaler or you can also buy small rolls of brown paper in the €2 shops.


Next you will need some stamps and ink pads. The stamps you can buy in any craft shop and you really only need one. Here I have used two for each piece.
You can see here that I have used a green and red ink pad. They too can be bought at your local craft shop.
Next all you need do is stamp the images onto the paper. It's as easy as that and the results are just beautiful.
 Here are a few more that I did
Finally take a look at the finished product....
I think they look great.
But what ever you do don't let the help stamp on their own or they may end up looking like this....

 Actually that was my fault. I started it...It was great fun though...





 

6 comments:

  1. Great post and I can comment! I use brown paper, too but never thought to predecorate it. Will try it :)
    Alia xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley, love this idea, will definitely try this with my two girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Liga. I am sure they will enjoy it. Mine think it's great fun. If you dont have stamps you can make your own from some vegetables. They don't have to be Christmas Images. You can use the end of the celery bunch and dip it in paint and this looks great too. Love and Laughs. Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what works great with this if you have the patience... heat embossing your stamped designs! It's like having glittery wrapping paper but with less mess (more specifically less mess after the paper is made, wrapped, passed on etc).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avril I just love that idea. I have embossing powders here and a heat gun. I will have to try. Do you mind if I post about it. What a great idea. thanks x

    ReplyDelete