Monday, September 9, 2013

Cards to sell at Christmas?

Well it's been something that I have been asked on many an occasion. Can I make and sell cards and make money.

The short answer is yes - why not.


Card making is a lovely past time for young and old and I have been making cards for years. The problem with me is I spend hours creating one card and never make the same card twice. You will never make a living from making cards like that.

What you need to do is for example - when Christmas is coming up you need to design about 5 - 10 cards top. And keep making these. These then are you samples and cards for the Season.

I have seen people make great money.



My advice to you is - make your samples. Have about 3 price ranges. Make sure you are making money and price all the papers, stamps etc and include everything. Record all the money you spend in a little notebook.

For me it's not something that I do as a business per say. I enjoy it and if I sell a few cards then all the better.


Why not make your samples and go to your family and friends and show them your cards and try and get some orders. I have some of the ladies that come to the classes here that have gone to their neighbours and got just really great orders.

You would be surprised at how many people will buy.


Many people buy the box set of cards these days and in fairness who could blame them. They are very affordable but many people out there want some extra cards. Perhaps for someone special so why not buy them from you.


Keep a look at the posts that come up and if you are in our area come along to some of the classes and you will learn all types of card making techniques.

Next class starts this Thursday night and we are starting off with Christmas Cards.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley, lovely cards, never thought about card making as a business, just now and then make few for my family. Some good advice here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's great. I don't sell cards for my own business but if someone was a stay at home Mom and needed to make a few extra pounds it's great for that. Last year I know some of my ladies coming to the class were getting orders like 30 cards at a time. Thats really great money..x

    ReplyDelete