Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Interior Design your home by moving furniture and revamping.....

This morning I had an Interior Design Consultation with a very lovely lady. It's great to go to someones home and be of some help with a fresh set of eyes.

I feel sometimes I would love another designer to come into my home. God knows what she/he would say. You see I believe a House needs to be a home and therefore a home needs to be lived in. I know before I had children everything had its place. Please don't judge me but I had good towels for display and ones that I used. And if there are still people out there that do that well that's brilliant that you can but now I just have given up. Too many smudges of Nutella on my good towels and now they have all just become old towels.

Sure isn't our home the place we come home to after work to relax and chill out. I never judge a persons home. God my own isn't very good itself but I do know this. You can change your house around and make it look so different by just moving some furniture.

Yes move that Couch if you can. Place it somewhere else in the room, if there is space, somewhere where you never thought of before and see how it looks. Take the table out of hall and move it into the sitting room. Try and move things around.

I don't know how many homes I have been into in the last 15 or so years where we rolled up our sleeves and just changed things around and it costs nothing.

OK It costs to have me there but you could try it at home too.

I am constantly moving things around my home here.In these times we don't have any spare cash so the items that once you may have thrown out are now becoming our prize possessions. You can revamp some of your furniture needing very little money and you may just enjoy it too.

I heard a saying recently and I mention it at all my decoupage and painting classes that a builder I knew told me he had a skip outside his door about 7 years ago and it drove him crazy because every morning he would come down and people would have things thrown into it. He then told me that recently he had a skip outside his home and every morning he came down there were things gone out of it. I think this describes so well what has happened here in Ireland. Our mindsets have changed. Ok we are all broke and god people are going through hell but we have all learnt one valuable lesson - we value things more.

Things are getting a new lease of life and are being revamped for another room. The hall stand it getting painted and now lives in the bathroom.

Here is a table that I painted that was in my Daughters room for years and now that it has been done up it's in the front Sitting room.
So perhaps have a little look around the house and any of the pieces that you're not too fond of. Maybe perhaps you could give them a lick or paint , a dab of Decoupage glue and you may just have something you LOVE.

This new era of doing with what we have has caused this crafting period that I think has taught us all many things that during the boom we may have never done. Once upon a time we may have got the children's school trousers turned up by someone else but now we are doing them ourselves. It's just the way it is and by doing so we have all turned into our grannies who kept wrapping paper from the Christmas presents - " Just encase we could use it again".

Am I rambling too much....

Perhaps so.

Before I dash off - if you are thinking of doing up your home or doing some bit of Design to it. There is no set rule of what to pick first and many may not agree but that's fine. This is what I would suggest. Starting with a blank room. Pick your curtains first... or the Suite. Never choose the paint first. That can be chosen later. That's the best bit of advice I can give you...


So off I go and I will see you tomorrow with my Crochet Blog....

Love, Laughs and Creations.

Shirley







No comments:

Post a Comment